Friday, April 03, 2009

shape shifter

You know it isn't normal when you keep seeing things. I don't mean it in the supernatural context, but rather, in seeing words or pictures morph before your eyes.

I could look at the word family and see the word fascinate, and never understand the sentence (because mostly the sentence won't make sense) until I blink.

I could look at the word smooth and suddenly I see another word tangible out of nowhere, and never understand the sentence until I blink.

I could look at a normal picture and see at that instant something else that gives me shock, or shivers, or sometimes a strange warm feeling, and blink, only then will I see the original picture, minus all the blocks or extra substances made up in my mind. This gives me relief sometimes, but mostly I wonder where did they go, and can't help wanting them to come back.

2 gnomes:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, guess what ? This happens to me.. But i never knew how to describe it.. For me it's more of i stare at the word and I'm like ,"Hmm.. do I know this word? Looks kinda funny.." then I blink and it goes back to normal..

-Chel

tiffanywernyi said...

hahaha yeah exactly.. eh are you rachel? Chel..lech..michelle..?