Wednesday, July 22, 2009

mighty mutterers

Every night, I feed the hungry mosquitoes. They like me, but I don't like them.

Nights like these ( rushing for assignments due) make me hungry. I found myself back in Perai on a pleasant night, at Wai Sek Kai in Chai Leng Park. I would be trailing along the street with mom, and occasionally brother if he doesn't have tuition, waiting for dad. I would always want fried chicken and apam balik. And they taste so good to me, I was reluctant to share them with anyone. The warm sensation of apam balik felt on my tongue, and the slow acquisition of the taste, that was close to bliss for me, among other childish fantasies. And fried chicken was how fried chicken is to any kid- crispy and yum. Then at around 10+, dad would come out from the badminton court beside Wai Sek Kai, and he'd drink whatever chilled tong sui brought to him. I'd finish up my food, brother will finish up his, and mum is our helper. We'll go home. And I go to bed feeling contented.

I wonder how is Chai Leng Park now? And wonder too if the apam balik aunty is still there?

`







(Nights like these make me do things like this-blog about fried chicken and apam balik for goodness sake, and waste a big portion of time.)

2 gnomes:

kristine said...

so what, if it's a waste of time? :-) reminiscing is great, eventhough it may bring up a lot of sadness. ah. if only we could turn back time eh?

tiffanywernyi said...

assignments undone =S heh yes, if only...